Testosterone is a male sex hormone that is responsible for bone and muscle health, production of sperm and growth of hair. It is also responsible for aggressive behaviours. It is produced in a larger amount by men and in a small amount in women. Testosterone is at its peak at the age of 40 and then it starts declining down. People with low Testosterone levels are seen to show feelings anger, agitation and irritability. Testosterone can be lost by some chronic illness. These can be restored by including certain foods that boost the production of this hormone.
Testosterone is at the center of what makes men, a man. It is a naturally producing hormone in both men and women to regulate body mass function with other hormones and control sex derive.Testosterone plays a vital role in building muscles and fighting fat and is present in higher concentration in men. It is produced in the testes in men and helps in distribution of fat and red blood cell production. The high level of testosterone helps in increasing energy, increasing libido and in improving the quality of sleep.
Diet is the first and the foremost thing that needs a change in order to increase the level of testosterone. Early morning and before going to bed are the two timings when the food eaten has the biggest impact on the body’s production of the powerful hormone i.e. testosterone.
Some amazing foods that increases testosterone level in men
- Red Meat is high in protein and zinc and is proved beneficial for the production of testosterone the zinc from this protein source is readily absorbed by the body. Red meat also contains high levels of saturated fat.
- Eggs contain Vitamins 5 & 6 and are a good source of proteins. It contains cholesterol which is a good source of testosterone production.
- Salmon and Oysters are a great source of zinc and magnesium that is needed in hormone production. Oily fish like salmon is high in protein and also contains vitamin B, E and A.
- Broccoli contains food compounds that help reduce estrogen levels.
- Garlic inhibits cortical, which actually helps in breaking down muscle tissue. And enhance testosterone level.
- Bananas contain Vitamin B, bromelain enzyme, and potassium which help in increasing the testosterone level.
- Essential Fatty Acids such as Omega 3 can have a negative effect on testosterone production. Fats are transported to the liver to assists in hormone production, and Omega 3 helps to encourage healthy circulation.
- Other foods like brown rice, asparagus, and beans contain zinc, Vitamin E help in boosting testosterone levels.
- Cabbage can do wonders in increasing the testosterone levels. It contains a phytochemicalwhich has theeffect of increasing male hormones. One needs to increase the consumption of cabbage in the form of cabbage soup, cabbage rolls and cabbage juice along with the normal vegetable style.
- Spinach is rich in magnesium, which is extremely important for the development of the muscle and making the reproductive system. This dark green leafy vegetable is directly related with the testosterone levels in the body.
- Coconut helps to promote body mass, increase muscle growth and help in balancing the testosterone levels in the body.Coconut has healthy saturated fats which are always better than fats from animal-based foods.
- Shrimp– helps to boost Vitamin D which has a strong association with testosterone t has been found that high vitamin D is linked with high level of testosterone. More Vitamin D can also be procured from cod liver oil, sardines, mackerel and salmon.
- Pumpkin seeds These seeds are good sources of zinc which are involved in testosterone production along with other benefits in the body. These seeds can be added into the diet by mixing them in oatmeal, salads and yogurt and can also be mixed with protein shakes.
- Wheat Bran- helps in increasing testosterone levels as it is rich in magnesium.Wheat bran can be introduced in the diet by mixing it in pancake batter, protein shakes and oatmeal.
- Ricotta cheese is one of the best sources of whey protein useful for muscle making in men. This whey protein is rich in amino acids is ideal in muscle training and increasing the testosterone level.
- Strawberries are loaded with vitamin C which helps in boosting low levels of testosterone and in muscle building.
- Tuna is rich in vitamin D which is heart-healthy, protein-rich food and is low in calories. Any form of tuna fish canned or fresh is one of the most natural ways to boost the testosterone level.
Other factors to be considered in boosting the level of testosterone are
- Cholesterol is the best friend to increase the level of testosterone which is made from cholesterol. There is a small difference between bad cholesterol and good cholesterol.Sources of cholesterol includes eggs, olive oil, avocados, butter and shrimps. In order to prevent the increase of cholesterol one needs to take lot of vegetables like broccoli, limit consumption of carbohydrates and exercise regularly.
- Eat often and not go on starvation diets which destroy the testosterone level.Small snacks of nuts and fruits between meals help in keeping a healthy body.
- Increase vitamins and nutrients help in increasing bone and muscle strength and help in boosting testosterone levels. Vitamin A, C and D work in different ways to increase the production of testosterone level. Other nutrients include zinc, magnesium, and omega 3
- Maintain body fat A healthy body with the lower body fat will help in increasing testosterone level and reduce the chances of decline earlier.