Dandruff can be easily prevented by means of natural remedy available at home. Some of the preventive measures don’t even need any special ingredients. Proper care and maintenance is enough to prevent dandruff. These white flakes causes irritation and spreads over the hair strands which gives an embarrassing look to you. To avoid all these, it is important that you take proper care for preventing dandruff.
An infectious scalp condition usually occurs in individuals when the glands become inflamed and get secretion of flaky scales is known as dandruff. According to the experts and dermatologists, dandruff can be contagious only if it takes the form of the ringworm. Dandruff can also occur due to cosmetics, environmental as well as physical influences. There is also a common misconception among people that the dandruff is contagious. Due to the presence of bacteria, the problem stems from root. It is possible to find the bacteria that cause dandruff in the scalp of every individual. All scalps are prone to dandruff and thus it can spread through environmental pollution, dry weather condition and use of harmful chemicals.
Lack of hygiene factors
It is important for every men to be enough hygienic as dandruff may occur due to unhygienic atmosphere. While taking bath every day, your scalp should also be cleaned adequately. Due to improper maintenance of your hair, you can get dandruff. The bacteria that occur normally can cause problems in the scalp as it can multiply it for number of reasons. As soon as you are affected with the overgrowth of bacteria, dandruff finds the place for its growth and accumulation. If you are not washing your hair and keeping your head clean on a regular basis, dandruff is going to be quite effective.
Precautionary measures for dandruff
If you want to get rid of the dandruff, it is important to take some precautionary measure. You must keep this in check on a regular basis. Some of the precautionary measures are as follows:
- If you have used your comb in dandruff affected scalp, it will be really important for you to wash it so that when another person without dandruff would use it, he would not get dandruff again.
- It is better not to use comb of other people as dandruff can spread from one scalp from another. It is likely for each individual to get dandruff infection through the comb with is already been used.
- It is better to use the anti dandruff shampoo at least once in a week. It is better to avoid dripping of water from your face while using the anti dandruff shampoo.
- Cleanliness is another important precautionary measure for people who do not wish to get dandruff at all. Proper oiling of hair once in a week and using shampoo to clean your hair is really important in this regard.
- It is better not to keep hair wet for a long time and tie wet hair as this can easily help developing dandruff in individual’s head. You must remember that dandruff grow well in wet scalp.
- You can also use natural remedies among which one of the effective one is known as Fenugreek paste. It is effective in preventing dandruff.
- It is possible to prepare shampoo with egg with beaten egg as well as few spoons of water. Tea tree oil can also be used in this regard.
Dandruff is a type of fungus which is basically seen in scalp. This flaking of skin is experienced by large number of people due to pollution and other lifestyle changes. This also affects people of post puberty age. This can also lead to redness and irritation in the skin layer. During the formation of dandruff, keratinocytes plays a vital role with the immunological reaction. Dandruff can become worse during the winter season when people suffer from irritation and redness invariably.
You can use specialized shampoo to treat the people suffering from dandruff problem. It will be quite a shameful act for people suffering from the effect of dandruff when they are within the public gathering. It also affects the self esteem of the people. But there is wider variety of treatment procedure with the dermatologists as well as herbal care organizations dealing with skin problems.
Some of the tips that has to be kept in mind are :
- Wash your comb frequently to remove all the dirt accommodated in it.
- Make sure that you rinse off your hair properly so that all the shampoos and chemicals gets washed away without leaving anything behind.
- In order to keep the scalp healthy, one can try out applying lemon to the roots of the hair. Apply lemon juice to your hair and wait till it dries off. Then use shampoo to wash off the lemon. This will help in preventing dandruff. It is also an effective remedy to get rid of dandruff.
- Do not tie your hair tightly until it becomes dry. The hair styles like braids will have a tight lock and leaves the hair to be wet without allowing it to dry. This in in turn can cause dandruff.
- Try not to sit in the air conditioned room frequently. This causes dandruff. So, avoid A/C for cooling and go for natural breeze and fans.
- Avoid stress – Yes, too much of stress results in the development of dandruff. Stress not only results in dandruff but also creates lots of health problems. So, it’s only better to avoid it.