Obesity is a cause for concern all over the world. At the same time we see that being underweight can be bad for our health as well. This is why having a bad appetite can be harmful. There are those who feel that starvation is the way to remaining fit and slim. But the fact is that to remain fit one need to eat and exercise. The combination of the right diet and the right exercise is what keeps our body fit. Many people have bad appetite and digestion problems. Both of this can prevent you from having a proper balanced meal. If you want a healthy diet to stay fit then you need cures for bad appetite as well as digestion problems.
Symptoms of poor appetite
Some men fail to recognize that they have digestion and appetite problem. Here are some of the symptoms that make you understand that you’re not in track with your eating habits.
- Vomiting sensation
- Weight loss
- Loss of balance and dizziness
- High Fever
Home remedies for digestion problems
A bad appetite can be the result of digestion problems. If you want your appetite to improve then you might try these home remedies to cure digestion problems:
- A fiber rich meal can be the best for all kinds of digestive problems. When you eat a lot of green leafy vegetables your body gets a lot of fiber which is passed out easily. This can help fight constipation, gas, and bloating and heart burn.
- Adding apple cider vinegar to your diet can help improve your digestion. Having a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar before your meal can prevent bloating and gas.
- Tea is good for your digestive problems. You can have chamomile tea or ginger tea if you wish to improve your digestion. Both of these kinds of tea can help you digest food better and can relive gas as well as acid reflux
- Adding aloe vera to your protein drinks can help relive you of acid reflux and heart burns.
- Baking soda aids in reliving bloating and other problems related to digestion disorders. Add a spoon of baking soda to the water and drink this solution, which should be immediately followed by lemon drops.
- Asafoetidapowder, which we normally use as an ingredient for cooking, is an effective home remedy for getting rid of digestion disorders. Just add a half spoon of this powder with warm water regularly to see desired results.
- Peppermint oil is a Carminative natured remedy which helps in improving the bowel movement. Intestinal problems related to digestion can also be cured by continuously using this oil.
- Fruits also play an important role in improving the digestion process. Bananas are one of the best fruits to cure digestion disorders. Since it contains a special fiber called Pectin, it acts as an excellent remedy for treating stomach ulcers and constipation.
- Avocados are another medicinal fruit for stomach. It contains healthy fats that make your digestion come back to normal. It keeps your digestive system lubricated and prevents your stomach for improper digestion.
Home remedies for low appetite
If your digestion is better, then your appetite is supposed to increase as well. If your appetite is too low and if you want to improve it then here are a few home remedies that can assist you:
- Having ginger can help improve your digestion. Cut some ginger, soak it in some lime juice and rock salt and then have the ginger. This ginger can be a tasty way of increasing your appetite.
- Bitter greens are good for your digestion. The leafy vegetables are sure to provide sufficient roughage for your body and improve your digestion. So, you can add more bitter greens to your diet.
- Garlic is also known to improve appetite. If you soak a few cloves of garlic in water, strain the garlic, mix the juice with lime juice and have the mixture then your appetite might see improvement.
- Tamarind has laxative effects and can help increase your appetite. Mash the tamarind, add sugar, salt and water and drink it. Apart from the Malabar tamarind, you can try any kind of tamarind that you find in the markets.
- Alfalfa is a cleanser for your body. To regain your appetite having alfalfa tea can help. You can even include the sprouts to your meal.
- Drinking plenty of water can also allow your digestion to work without much trouble. So, drink up to allow your body to eat properly.
- Gooseberries, commonly called as Amla helps in increasing the appetite among humans. Since it its rich in Vitamin C, it helps in absorption of mineral and guides you towards a healthy appetite.
- Anything related to appetite, digestion problem, acidity can be treated with the help of cardamom. Add few pinch of cardamom powder to your diet in the form of tea and soups. This will treat your problem of low appetite gradually.
- The health benefits of green tea are numerous. One of it includes the stimulation of a proper appetite to its consumers. Since green teas are rich in anti-oxidant properties, one can try out this natural home treatment for low appetite.
- The bad taste that is caused due to improper digestion and low appetite can be treated by drinking pomegranate juice. This reddish fruit is loaded with vitamins and minerals that keep your body fit.