Men suffer from hair loss after a certain age due to various reasons. Hair loss and baldness makes a huge difference not only in the personality of the men but also in their confidence. The bald head makes them excessively conscious, and at times, in some cases, men get so paranoid that they prefer hiding in the closet rather than stepping out of the house with their bald head. Nowadays, many surgical and non-surgical methods are available for restoring hair on the head. Men need to consult the correct dermatologist to first detect the reason for such an unwanted and undesirable happening.
[ Hindi version ]
Men can suddenly notice the occurrence of baldness on the scalp. This is dangerous. However, there are homemade and natural products to stop baldness. These are wonderful remedies which can really encourage the re-growth of hair and can even help in improving the quality of hair in men.
Number of men folk starts losing hair from above their temples as they grow older. This hair loss continues and sometimes all the hair are lost leading to complete baldness. This male pattern baldness is also called androgenic alopecia because it is associated with the presence of hormones that control the male characteristic called androgens.
Causes of Baldness
- One of the main causes of baldness is the hormonal issues. The male testosterone converts into Di-Hydro-Testosterone (DHT) with the help of Alfa reductase enzymes. These DHT receptors cause the shortening of the hair follicle, which leads to prevention of hair growth and eventually the hair begin to fall.
- Heredity is another common cause of hair loss in men.
- Other causes include hormonal imbalance, stress, poor diet, weak thyroid health and hectic life style.
Steps for getting back hair on bald head
Your body needs to be properly hydrated in order to produce enough nutrients. Since production of keratin in your body is necessary to start the growth in your hair once again.
If you have deficiency of protein in your diet, it can also give rise to hair fall and baldness. You must consume enough protein rich food so that hair gets effective food and develop nutrient and protein again for growing it over the bald spot.
If you have bald patch in your head, a well known counter medication can be named as Minoxidil. You can get it in all medical stores.
Methods for growing hair on a bald patch in men
- Whatever be the reason for hair loss in men there are some methods to lessen the loss of hair and to keep the hair healthy.
- Massage the skull with a warm mixture of castor oil, olive oil, coconut oil flax seed oil and almond oil.
- Apply a mask of egg, pure organic coconut oil; pure honey, and two tablespoons of lemon juice. And leave it for 20 minutes before shampooing it.
- After shampooing the egg mask create a scrub by mixing granulated sugar with brown sugar and olive oil and rub it in the scalp for 2-3 minutes and rinse it properly.
- Make a mixture of cayenne pepper and olive oil and apply it on the scalp. Leave it for 5 minutes before rinsing it.
- Shampoo the hair with a good quality shampoo. Rub the shampoo with the palm of the hand to stimulate the scalp. After rinsing pat the hair with a towel.
- Apply a drop of coconut oil when the hair isdamp. This will keep the hair soft.
- Comb the hair with a soft comb, when they are dry.
- Men suffering from the condition of baldness can take vitamin and iron supplements for hair growth.
- Massage the scalp for 5 minutes every day to increase blood circulation.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle to increase the growth of hair and to keep them healthy. Eat healthy food consisting of fruits and vegetables and keep the body hydrated by drinking 8-10 glasses of water in a day. Exercise regularly to keep the body active. Getting proper sleep also helps in growing hair
Natural way to Re-Grow hair on Bald Heads
Raddish, Triphala and Black Sesame oil
Certain Ayurveda physicians claim the growth of new hair on a bald scalp by using triphala powder, radish or white onion and black sesame seeds oil. This is done by shaving off the remaining hair. Radish juice has to be rubbed on the scalp every morning. At the same time heat black sesame seed oil and put few drops in the nostrils and ears with a dropper. This will help in opening the nerves of the head andremoves the phlegm which causes premature hair fall. After an hour of radish paste, apply a paste of triphala powder on the scalp. Take half spoon of triphala churan with honey every morning on empty stomach. Continue this process for three months and keep shaving the scalp every fortnight. There will be noticeable growth of hair.
Olive oil massage
Olive oil is good for hair growth and there are different ways to apply olive oil on your hair to stop baldness and get back new shafts of hair. You can make a hair pack with this oil. The things that you may need are olive oil, honey and cinnamon powder. First you must warm the olive oil and then add 2 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder. This mixture must be stirred well and then you can apply it on the hair and scalp. Leave for 20 minutes and then rinse off. Clean with some mild shampoo and you can repeat this once each week. You will soon notice difference in the hair re-growth.
You canuse cumin seeds and olive oil to rub on the scalp. Add 1 teaspoon of cumin seed in half cup of olive oil and then let it soak for 30 minutes. Then the olive oil will have the properties of cumin seeds and you can rub the oil on your sculp. Soon there will be better quality hair growing on your head.
You can take henna leaves and 250 gm of mustard oil. The oil must be boiled and then add the henna leaves after some time. Allow the oil to cool down and then strain the oil. You can massage this oil on your scalp for soft and healthy hair shafts.
Onion is also good for hair growth. The juice of onion cleans the scalp and promotes healthy growth of hair. You will need the soft and red inner part of the onion for making juice for your hair. Use a mixer for preparing the juice. Then apply the juice on your scalp and leave it for 30 minutes. Wash off the scalp with water and then shampoo with mild shampoo for better effects.
Coconut milk and oil
One of the best natural home remedies in order to revive the hair on the head of a bald person is to massage coconut oil on the head regularly. Apply a mixture of gooseberry oil (10 milliliters) and coconut oil (20 milliliters) and one or two tablespoons of lemon juice on the scalp. Then, leave it for some time.Wash it off after twenty minutes’ time. This will help to effectively heal your scalp while fighting dandruff that is the cause of baldness. This technique also arrests the hair fall and prevents one from losing hair. Regularly using coconut milk on your scalp will also help you by nourishing the hair tissues.
Massage regularly with a mixture of base oils
When you massage your scalp with a mixture of the base oils such as gooseberry oil (amla oil), almond oil, coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil, then this will help by stimulating the hair follicles while preventing your scalp from developing dandruff.Take some of the mixed hair oil generously in your hands and apply it evenly through your scalp. Massage the mixed oil for about ten minutes on your scalp. Leave it on the scalp for about fifteen minutes. Repeat this scalp massage for about three to four times every day in order to help the hair on the head regrow.This will also improve the blood circulation on the head and relieve you from stress, which is the cause of dandruff.
Honey is a natural home remedy for the problems related to the hair such as baldness, hair fall, etc. Take two tablespoons of honey and mix it with one tablespoon of cinnamon powder. Then, add two tablespoons of olive oil to this mixture and blend it well. Then, apply this mixture on the affected portions of the scalp. Leave this mixture on the head for at least twenty minutes. Wash it off using some clean water. You could also add some brandy to a tablespoon of honey and 1/4th a cup of onion juice. Massage your scalp with this mixture gently. Honey can also be used along with the yolk of an egg for stimulating the growth of the hair.Mix some egg yolk with some honey and apply it to the affected portion of the scalp. Rinse it with water after half an hour’s time. You could also try applying a mixture of honey and lemon juice on the affected regions of the scalp. You could also use garlic juice mixed with honey to cure baldness.
Amla juice or gooseberry juice is one of the best home remedies for curing baldness. Mix the juice of gooseberry and some lemon juice in equal proportion. Apply the mixture on the bald patches of the scalp. Cut a few gooseberries into small pieces and place them in the shade to dry. Then, boil them in some coconut oil until the hard part gets cooked and becomes dark. Gently massage your scalp using this oil.
Fenugreek seed is a wonder
First you can try with some fenugreek seeds and oils. You have to mix the fenugreek seeds with coconut oil and leave the same for some time. Then it is time for you to cause straining of the mixture and then you can apply the same on the hair. The rubbing has to be done in a way so that the oil reaches directly to the roots of the hair. This mixture should be applied to the affected areas t least three to four times in a week. Ultimately you can see the result before you.
Lettuce and spinach can do the magic
Lettuce and spinach can cause growth of hair. These are best even in the prevention of hair loss. For this you have to make a smooth paste made of lettuce. You even have to apply spinach when making the mixture. Once the juice is extracted you can apply the same on the bald portions. After you have left the juice for some time it is necessary that you wash off the same. This process should be repeated for at least four times in a week and now you can see the better results happening in time.
Guava leaves can cause hair growth
It is time that you boil some guava leaves till the solution turns dark. Cool the solution and you can use the same to rinse the bald areas of the head. In the process you can see hair growing in the vacant areas of the head. The process is really fabulous and you can really see hair growing in time.
Hair loss can be slowed down by healthier hair care habits
With the help of thorough research and surveys, the most common causes related to the maintenance of one’s health and these symptoms are generally seen in men in between their late twenties and early forties. Hair loss can be slowed down by improving the care habits, which are very simple and easy to adapt. The following steps will definitely help in reducing or slowing down the hair loss in men:
- Using wide teethed combs and brushes: Harsh combing leads to excessive stress on the scalps which weaken the hair roots, which makes it very difficult for the roots to hold the hair and results in hair fall.
- Avoid regular use of hair sprays and hair gels: Men nowadays, use hair sprays and hair gels, generally on regular basis, which is one of the major causes of hair baldness. Hair sprays and hair gels available in the market for hair styling, and getting a very professional salon style hairstyle at home, are meant for people who are in the fashion industry and regular people can use it on special occasions, but often, especially young men, tend to use them regularly. These hair products are immensely strong and cause a lot of damage to the scalp. Their ingredient which ensures durability of the hairstyle causes immense hair loss even after a single use. And whenever these hair products are used, it should be made sure that the hair is treated with quality conditioners and protectors before and after applying the hair products.
- Routine hair wash: Men tend to either over-wash or under-wash their hair. Daily shampooing is supposed to be avoided, as the chemicals often have side-effects on the scalp. Washing the hair twice a week with semi-mild shampoos is ideal and sufficient for men. The ones who under-wash the hair, suffer from hair loss which causes hair baldness, because the dirt on the scalp makes the hair root lose its strength required to provide the ability to hold in.
- Avoid blow-dry: Using hair-dryer for drying the hair in the rushing office hours is very convenient to the men’s daily schedule but it has adverse affects on the scalp. Blow-drying releases heat on the scalp. If used on regular basis then the heat makes the scalp and the hair roots dry the oil preserved by them, which causes hair loss and leads to hair baldness, thereafter.
- Exercise: Exercise and workouts helps to increase the blood circulation which releases stress and tension from the men’s body which helps to reduce hair loss. The best way to regain hair growth is to have a healthy lifestyle.
- Green tea: Very subtle yet convenient way for men to regain their growth is to have at least two cups of green tea in a day. Green tea intake would help to improve their digestion and act as an anti-toxicant for the harmful contaminants and pollutant in the body. This helps in better functioning of the hormones and reduces hair loss.
Medical treatment for hair baldness
Science has improved immensely over the years, and it has provided complete and permanent hair solutions for men suffering from bald patches on their scalp and complete hair baldness. Hair transplant is most successful and commonly used medical treatment for hair baldness. It provides a long-term solution to the bald scalp problem widely seen in men in the recent years. The process involves minute skin plugs constituting of one or several hair being implanted, by the dermatologists, on the bald areas of the affected scalp.
[ Hindi version ]