Blood Pressure also called as hypertension is known to increase as age increases. However, this dangerous BP can be overcome by consuming foods that are known to lower the BP level.
Let us explore more on what is blood pressure, how it affects men’s health and some of the foods which does magic in lowering its level.
Understanding about blood pressure
Blood pressure is basically the pressure exerted in pumping the blood in different parts of body to increase the level of energy and oxygen. If there is a high blood pressure in pumping this blood, it causes the heart/arteries to weaken which leads to heart attack and other serious diseases.
The blood pressure is measured in terms of numbers which indicates if the pressure is normal or low or high. It is measured in terms of mmHg (millimeters of mercury). Even men under 35 are prone to blood pressure. However, most of the men are negligent or busy to do a health check regularly.
Symptoms of blood Pressure
One of the dangerous facts about blood pressure is that it doesn’t show any symptoms so easily. Many of the men don’t even know that they are the victims of blood pressure. So, it is highly advisable that you do regular health checkups to avoid any further mishaps.
Some of the common symptoms of high blood pressure are
- Increased level of anxiety
- Suffering from severe headache
- Breathing problems
- Bleeding of nose in severe cases
- Improper functioning of heart beat
- Fatigue and dizziness
Factors causing blood pressure
There are many factors that lead to high blood pressure. It may be caused due to the too much intake of salt or too little potassium in your body. Too much of stress in your mind is also an important reason for BP.
- Too much smoking
- Due to aging
- Too much consumption of alcohol
- Laziness/ less physical activity
Dangers of high blood pressure
High blood pressure or hypertension can quietly damage the body for years beforeany symptoms develop. If unattended it can lead to some disability, a poor quality of life and may lead to heart attack.
You also may experience trouble in memory and understanding. If the BP is left without taking any control measures, the consequences may go severe.
Damage to heart
High pressure reduces the smooth blood supply to the arteries and the adequate supply of oxygen and nutrients. It can damage the cells in the arteries and result in the hardening of the arteries. These changes take place throughout the body and may restrict flow of blood to the heart,kidneys, brain, arms and legs. This can lead to many problems like heart failure, kidney failure, stroke or damages to the eye.Damage by constant pressure of blood moving in weakened arteries can enlarge and life threatening rupturesto arteries and lead to internal bleeding.High blood pressure forces the heart to work harder and lead to stiffening of the left ventricle, which results in heart failure and sudden death.
Impact of blood pressure in men
One of the major impacts to start with is the heart failure. This shows how bad a high pressure of blood damages our body. Severe blood pressure has a serious effect on brain and kidneys too.
Damage to Brain A clot caused by constant high pressure and restricted blood supply to the brain can lead to a mini stroke causing paralysis and dementia. Research also states that there are chances of structural integrity of the brain which in turn leads to poor memory.
Now that we have seen how serious a blood pressure can turn a person into patient, we will learn some of the effective foods that help in lowering the blood pressure to a considerable extent.
Damage to kidneys High blood pressure is one of the main causes of kidney failure as it damages both the large arteries and several smaller ones supplying blood to the kidneys.
Fruits to lower blood pressure
Fruits play a major role in improving a person’s health. It keeps one healthy and fit. Each and every fruit has its own health benefits. There are some fruits which act exceptionally well against blood pressure.
- Fruits are one of the best types food that help to lower blood pressure as they contain the essential nutrients, vitamins, potassium and anti-oxidants. Below are some of the fruits that are rich in vitamins and minerals which help you reduce the BP level to a greater extent.
- Apricot is a very good source of potassium and vitamin A. It is one of the best fruit containing potassium. It has a very low quantity of sodium, fat and cholesterol.
- Avocado is rich in different vitamins and high in monounsaturated fat and potassium. It contains a unique fatty alcohol, which has a curative property for high blood pressure. Avocado is low in cholesterol and is a good source of dietary fiber.
- Banana is a versatile fruit – which can be eaten in any form at any time. It is very high in potassium and provides Vitamin c and dietary fiber. This is one of the most common functional fruit that is available readily in the market.
- Cantaloupe is an excellent source of vitamin A and vitamin C.
- Citrus fruits are rich in Vitamin C. Oranges are high in nutrition and low in calories. Limes are a good source of potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin A and folate.
- Melon is a very good source of vitamin A, vitamin C, and potassium… It is also a good source of magnesium, folate and vitamin B6.
- European plums when become dry are called as Prune. This fruit contains a sticky texture but gives a sweet taste. It also has the power of keeping the tummy full.
- Black strap Molasses is a nutrient rich fruit that has the potential of reducing blood pressure. Since it contains a high potassium and calcium content, this is one of the best and favorite fruit for men who are suffering from blood pressure.
- All these fruits should be made a part of the daily diet as they help in controlling high blood pressure
- Raisins – If you are a fan of dry fruits, then raisins would be the best choice for lowering the level of blood pressure. This can be added with some delicious recipes like cookies and deserts. This can considerable reduce the amount of systolic and diastolic blood pressure in your body.
- Strawberry – Yes, another favorite in many people’s basket. Strawberries and raspberries can be consumed I order to reduce the hypertension level. Since it is an excellent source of Vitamin C and K, it serves great benefit to your health.
Effective tips for reducing blood pressure
Apart from above fruits, which are best for reducing blood pressure, here are some of the tips that helps in reducing the content of blood pressure level.
- Walking is proved to be one of the best ways that drastically helps in reducing the level of the blood pressure. Early walking when followed on a regular basis, will give you a significant result.
- Avoid taking too much of salt to your foods as salt is one of the main factors that increase the level of blood pressure.
- Also, keep in mind to increase the level of physical activity to your body. This not only helps you in lowering the blood pressure but also helps in keeping the entire body fit and healthy.